[Distutils] Requirent specifiers specified? :)

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jun 22 22:54:03 CEST 2006

I think you are making a mistake to assume that everyone has the same
notion of obvious
that you do.  For example, someone could reasonably expect that ==1.0
matches 1.1.1.
(I'm not advocating this interpretation, but simply pointing out that
"obvious" is not
universal.)

In addition, people sometimes make typos.  A system that figures out
what they "really meant"
rather than complain when they enter something that doesn't make
sense isn't doing them any
favors.

In any case, I expect that having people build tools on top of
setuptools is a use case
you anticipated.  For people to do that, they sometimes need precise
specifications
of behavior.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org