[Distutils] How does one register a framework classifier?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jun 29 12:58:49 CEST 2006

On Jun 29, 2006, at 6:52 AM, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> On Jun 28, 2006, at 7:30 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
>

>> How does one register a new Framework classifier?
>
> FWIW, I've been using keywords a lot, because I can add arbitrary
> ones whenever I wish and still do searches. TurboGears has a
> package listing (the CogBin) which is built from Cheeseshop queries.

Sure, but I assume that TurboGears also uses classifiers since 4 out
of the 5 Framework
classifiers are for TurboGears.  Well, actually, 3 out of the 5.  One
is for TruboGears,
which, I suppose, if for a related framework. ;)

If we think that classifiers shouldn't be used for Frameworks, then
lets get rid of the
existing Framework classifiers.  Otherwise, there needs to be a way
to add new
ones as new frameworks emerge or old frameworks make more use of PyPI.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org