[Distutils] easy_install: bugs with pathing and multi-version

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Mar 24 18:33:24 CET 2006

At 09:23 AM 3/24/2006 -0500, Mars wrote:
>The new egg file definiton is used to open the egg in the install directory.
>However, the egg that the install script finds there is a copy of the
>orginal temporary egg file, and the old file offsets do not match the new
>definition.  Thus a ZipImportError is raised.

It sounds like easy_install needs to clear the zipimport directory cache,
or at least remove any entry corresponding to the file it's installing, in
the case where it's overwriting an existing file.

As for the SOURCES.txt problem, it seems to be a quirk of the way the
distutils FileList class works, such that if a file doesn't exist before
SOURCES.txt is built, it doesn't end up listed in SOURCES.txt.  So, I'll
have to add a workaround for that as well.

Thanks for taking the time to follow up on this.