[Distutils] setuptools in fink

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 17:40:57 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I am working on getting setup tools into fink.  If anyone has time, please
take a look at the setup file and let me know what you think.

http://schwehr.org/software/fink/setuptools-py.info

Once setuptools is installed, I am having trouble with SQLAlchemy which I am
using as my test case to see if setuptools is installed correctly.  Clearly
I am doing something wrong.  Can someone please set me straight?  I am
working with the 10.4-transitional tree within fink.

Thanks!
-kurt

http://schwehr.org/software/fink/sqlalchemy-py.info

This makes me think setup tools is ok since it is in the default
site-packages:

& /sw/bin/python2.4
Python 2.4.2 (#1, Feb 24 2006, 17:05:21)
>>> from ez_setup import use_setuptools

But then the SQLAlchemy build tries to pull down setuptools, which I don't
want it to do:

CC=gcc-3.3 /sw/bin/python2.4 setup.py build

This script requires setuptools version 0.6a5 to run (even to display
help).  I will attempt to download it for you (from
http://cheeseshop.python.org/packages/2.4/s/setuptools/), but
you may need to enable firewall access for this script first.
I will start the download in 15 seconds.