[Distutils] setuptools 0.6a11 released!

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Mar 30 02:16:07 CEST 2006

This is a major new feature and bugfix release of setuptools, including:

* Overhauled conflict management: no more -D/--ignore-conflicts-at-my-risk
junk, it Just Works(TM).

* Namespace package support that's compatible with system packagers

* Lots of new setup() features including dependency_links (thanks to Tres
Seaver), test_loader, and enhanced test_suite finder

* Upload supports --identity (thanks to Stefan Behnel)

* Improved error messages for unwritable cache directory, and added a
special exception for wrapping such errors

* Revision control plugin support

* And a ton of minor bugfixes and creature comforts/"fit-and-finish"
issues, ranging from version-specific "easy_install-2.x" executables to
relative paths in .pth files.

Please see the docs for details.

Barring any new bugs, this should be the last 0.6 alpha release before we
go beta.  The 0.6 beta branch will then become a candidate for inclusion in
Python 2.5 alpha 2, sometime in the next few weeks.  So please report any
issues as soon as practical.

Thank you to everyone who reported problems, asked questions, and supplied
patches.