[Distutils] Creating an "app folder" with setuptools?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Nov 8 06:54:33 CET 2006

At 07:53 PM 11/7/2006 -0800, Leif Strand wrote:
>But perhaps I've just overlooked something. Is there a way to to tell
>setuptools to simply do what it's told?

-m (--multi-version) tells easy_install that you will be responsible for
ensuring the package is on sys.path at runtime.  It will not create
easy-install.pth (although if there is one in the target directory, it will
remove existing references to the package being installed), and it will not
check PYTHONPATH or sys.path or .pth support.