[Distutils] selecting compiler for bdist_rpm

nmichaud at jhu.edu nmichaud at jhu.edu
Sat Nov 11 05:13:17 CET 2006

Hello,

I am trying to compile a module with the Intel compiler, and I can't
figure out how to get the bdist_rpm to change the default compiler. I can
use build:

python setup.py build --compiler=intel

but for some reason it doesn't work for bdist_rpm:

python setup.py bdist_rpm --compiler=intel

gives me

error: option --compiler not recognized

How can I set the compiler (and CC won't work, because that doesn't set
the default linker to use Intel's linker - and then I get all sorts of
undefined _intel_memset errors when loading the module). Thanks.

Naveen