[Distutils] Question on distutils.sysconfig.get_config_vars( )...

Venkat Bommakanti venkatbo at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 14 22:35:56 CEST 2006

Hi,

In:
   get_config_vars(*args):
      global _config_vars
      if _config_vars is None:
      else:
even on the first invocation, it appears _config_vars
has some valid data, supposedly picked up from
the makefile of the build python... But can't seem
to track down where its actually reading/stuffing
info into _config_vars.

The build system is i686 linux. That said, I don't
even see the _init_posix getting invoked for it to
read the makefile.

In my attemp to cross compile a C extension on
a i686 linux box targetting a ppc linux box, I'm hoping
to intervene and have it read the config info from the
corresponding target python's makefile, and not that
of the build python's...

I tried asking on comp.lang.python, but to no avail...
Thanks much.
/venkat