[Distutils] How to get list of package requirements from PyPI without downloading egg?

Tim Cera timcera at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 26 06:39:37 CEST 2006

Hello,

I want the list of package requirements, which I hoped would be real
simple, but have not been able to find a good solution.

I could download the egg and look in the EGG_INFO directory, but is
there any way to have setuptools develop the list for me?  And
hopefully not have to download the egg.

If the above idea doesn't go anywhere - is it possible that the package
requirements could be added to CheeseShop's XMLRPC?

Kindest regards,
Tim Cera