[Distutils] zip eggs not accessible when running setuptools under IIS

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat Sep 9 03:58:44 CEST 2006

At 06:47 PM 9/8/2006 -0700, David Primmer wrote:
>I've recently figured out how to do wsgi with IIS
><http://pylonshq.com/project/pylonshq/wiki/ServePylonsWithIIS>http://pylonshq.com/project/pylonshq/wiki/ServePylonsWithIIS
>But I have problem with setuptools. If I have any zip eggs used by the app
>I'm trying to serve with IIS, I get a dependency not found error. If I
>remove the .egg zip files and re-download those same packages with
>--always-unzip, they work fine. There seems to be something preventing
>zipimport from working.

I'm afraid I haven't got a clue on this one.  I can't think of any problem
that would cause you to get a DependencyNotFound error with a .egg file
that wouldn't do the exact same thing for an .egg directory.

There are other kinds of errors I can think of that might happen for one
and not the other, but DependencyNotFound isn't one of them.