[Distutils] [setuptools] best way to create offline install bundles?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Sep 12 13:37:38 CEST 2006

On Sep 8, 2006, at 9:14 AM, Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> Is this something zc.buildout can help with?

Probably.  zc.buildout isn't aimed squarely at this use case.  It
might work, either as is, or expanded, or some of it's parts might
help.  Also keep in mind that it is fairly young and rapidly
evolving.  zc.buildout can certainly assemble a complete installation
and it's offline mode should support installation of a shipped
buildout that contains all of the eggs needed.  In the near future,
I'll be adding a missing piece that allows you to nail down all
versions used:
http://svn.zope.org/zc.buildout/trunk/specifications/repeatable.txt?
view=auto

Jim