[Distutils] Make ez_setup.py/easy_install $PATH aware

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sun Sep 17 23:50:14 CEST 2006

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006, Michael Foord wrote:
[...]
>> (except for the part about having a little Tkinter GUI to allow you to
>> install projects via a PyPI query and point and click -- that would still
>> be nice, especially wrt being friendly to new Python / easy_install users)
>>
> This would seem to be an excellent basis :
>
>    http://www.boddie.org.uk/david/Projects/Python/PyPI-Browser/
>
> (except for the license.)

and the GUI toolkit: a Tkinter-based GUI would be more appropriate for
distribution with easy_install (since Tkinter is included with the default
CPython Windows install).  I suppose these days Windows Forms (or WinFX /
WPF?) and Swing versions would also be good :-/ (What happened to anygui?)

John