[Distutils] sandbox violation

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Apr 18 02:04:30 CEST 2007

At 04:16 PM 4/17/2007 -0300, Flávio Codeço Coelho wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a setup.py that has recently stopped working with a
>sandbox-violation error message. During installation I install files under
>/usr/share
>
>Is installation of file outside the python path forbidden now?

It is when an egg is being built, since anything not installed to the
temporary directory where the egg is being built will not get included in
the egg.

>Is ther any workaraound?

Don't use easy_install or build an egg.  Eggs must be self-contained, and
easy_install builds eggs before installing them.  That's a feature of eggs
-- i.e., they don't put files all over your system.