[Distutils] BUG: Stub loaders not created for non distutils .pyd files when using setuptools.

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Apr 20 16:26:53 CEST 2007

At 12:26 PM 4/20/2007 +0100, Jamie Kirkpatrick wrote:
>I hope that either my patch (or a modified version) can be
>incorporated or someone can suggest another workaround that would fix
>the issue allowing externally generated pyd files to have wrappers
>auto-generated by bdist_egg.

Have you tried something like this?

from setuptools.command.build_ext import build_ext
class my_build_ext(build_ext):
     def run(self): pass

setup(
     cmdclass = {'build_ext':my_build_ext},
     ext_modules = [Extension(...), ....]
}

(That is, simply using a custom build_ext subclass that doesn't do
anything...  or perhaps invokes your custom build process.)