[Distutils] How can I get setuptools to include files beyond what find_packages() finds?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Aug 1 00:05:49 CEST 2007

At 05:16 PM 7/31/2007 -0400, Stanley A. Klein wrote:
>Robert Kern wrote:
>Stanley A. Klein wrote:
>
> >> I tried to do something to fix the numpy distutils bdist_rpm.py (by
> >> trying to follow what was done in install.py) but it didn't work and I
> >> got an error message I didn't understand.
>
> >I'd like to help, but if you don't copy the exact error message here, I
>can't.
>
>OK, here is my revised numpy/distutils/commands/bdist_rpm.py (trying --
>obviously not well -- to follow what was done in
>numpy/distutils/commands/install.py:

Please see my earlier message about "setup.py install --root
--record" and try that -- it will give us the information to know
whether there's even a problem with numpy's bdist_rpm, or if it's in
numpy's install_lib or build_ext commands.  There's no point in
changing the commands around before that.