[Distutils] Windows web based installation of multiple packages

Lloyd Kvam python at venix.com
Sat Aug 4 02:29:49 CEST 2007

(I normally work from Linux, but have a test WinXP computer and my old
WinNT4 with Visual Studio 6 should that turn out to be useful.)

It is quite easy to use the bdist_wininst command to create a Windows
installer executable.  A browser click on a link to the .EXE file allows
for software installation, but easy_install is not run and the packages
listed in setup.install_requires are not installed.  Is there a way to
force the windows installer to run easy_install?

If I were to create an egg, is there a content-type heading that would
cause easy_install to process the egg?
        (much like application/vnd.ms-excel)
I could not find an easy_install entry in the registry in my test WinXP
computer after installing setuptools.

I thought one of these approaches would be fairly easy, but googling and
experimenting have gotten me nowhere.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp