[Distutils] bdist_wininst build and ez_setup.py

Matias Surdi matiassurdi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 18:35:42 CET 2007

Hi,

Im building a binary distribution on linux for my project with:

# python setup.py bdist_wininst

The .exe installer is generated correctly, and runs perfect on the
windows xp host, but the problem is that, as this host doesn't have
already setuptools installed, it gives an error when running one of the
scripts complaining about missing dependencies (pkg_resources, for example).

I wonder if, for bdist_wininst builds is there a way to do an
auto-installation of setuptools.
I've already put:

from ez_setup import use_setuptools
use_setuptools()

in setup.py, but thats seems to work just for installing with
#python setup.py install

Thanks a lot for your help.