[Distutils] Cheesecake service

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Feb 14 04:03:22 CET 2007

At 03:41 AM 2/14/2007 +0100, =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3_Kwiatkowski?= wrote:
>On top of PyPI and Cheesecake I've build a Cheesecake service - a
>service which automatically downloads and scores new package releases.
>It is available  at this address: http://pypi.pycheesecake.org/pypi/ .
>Probably of most interest here is the easy_installability page
>(http://pypi.pycheesecake.org/pypi/easy_installability) which shows
>releases which are listed on PyPI, yet still can't be easy_installed.
>[snip]
>I'm open to any suggestions on how this service can be improved.

More information about *how* the installation failed would be useful for
package authors to see at a glance what's wrong.  Right now, it's too easy
to dismiss it as a peculiarity of your installation.  Being able to click
through and see the log/tracebacks would probably make it more likely that
an author spots the problem(s).