[Distutils] Cheesecake service

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Feb 14 05:38:15 CET 2007

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> At 03:41 AM 2/14/2007 +0100, =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3_Kwiatkowski?= wrote:
>> On top of PyPI and Cheesecake I've build a Cheesecake service - a
>> service which automatically downloads and scores new package releases.
>> It is available  at this address: http://pypi.pycheesecake.org/pypi/ .
>> Probably of most interest here is the easy_installability page
>> (http://pypi.pycheesecake.org/pypi/easy_installability) which shows
>> releases which are listed on PyPI, yet still can't be easy_installed.
>> [snip]
>> I'm open to any suggestions on how this service can be improved.
>
> More information about *how* the installation failed would be useful for
> package authors to see at a glance what's wrong.  Right now, it's too easy
> to dismiss it as a peculiarity of your installation.  Being able to click
> through and see the log/tracebacks would probably make it more likely that
> an author spots the problem(s).

Looks like it's in there, but two links away, and the installation logs
specifically are buried in the rest of the logs.  Also the logs are
served up as a Python script or something, not text/plain.  Ideally the
logs would be HTML with anchors, and then you could just add a link on
the easy_installability to package_log_uri#installability.