[Distutils] Building an egg from Subversion using zc.buildout

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon Jan 29 22:31:38 CET 2007

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> At 10:52 PM 1/28/2007 +0000, Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>>> Not for easy_install, you don't.  If buildout doesn't support it, that's a
>>> bug or limitation of buildout.
>> Okay, then given that I'm trying to install the egg at
>> http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.portlets/trunk which is called
>> plone.portlets, what should the find-link and the egg name + version
>> specifier be?
>
> If you look at the setup.py and setup.cfg that are there, it would appear
> you want to use #egg=plone.portlets-0.1dev as your tag and
> plone.portlets>=0.1dev as your requirement.

You're absolutely right. I finally got this working now. :)

The syntax in buildout.cfg is:

[buildout]

parts =
     instance
     zopepy

# XXX: The links below are needed to track unreleased eggs; once they are
# in the cheeseshop we can remove all but the first two
find-links =
     http://download.zope.org/distribution/
     http://effbot.org/downloads

     http://codespeak.net/svn/kukit/kss.core/trunk#egg=kss.core-0.1dev