[Distutils] setuptools --no-dependencies option needed?

Rob Cakebread pythonhead at gentoo.org
Tue Jul 3 17:33:35 CEST 2007

Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> use "setup.py easy_install . --no-deps"

We've tried that but it fails because we need to install to our sandbox
directory first. Currently we use this, so we need to be able to specify
the root with your example:

python setup.py install --root=${D}

I've tried every combination of setuptools options I can think of (-d,
-s, --prefix, -S) but it always fails with permission errors trying to
write to the root filesystem:

error: can't create or remove files in install directory

[Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/test-easy-install-4486.write-test'

Thanks,
Rob