[Distutils] [Catalog-sig] Prototype setuptools-specific PyPI index.

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat Jul 21 21:53:40 CEST 2007

At 09:23 PM 7/21/2007 +0200, Georg Brandl wrote:
>What I, as an outsider, can see: for the Pygments package, Jim's page
>lists the development link from the package description
>(http://trac.pocoo.org/repos/pygments/trunk#egg=Pygments-dev), but
>it looks like it's badly extracted (it has a trailing ">`__"), yours
>doesn't list it at all.

Hm, perhaps Jim is extracting it by looking for #egg URLs, rather
than by actually processing the reST markup with docutils.  That
should probably be fixed, since there are many ways to specify URLs
in reST and handling them all with regular expressions is unlikely to
work as well as applying regular expressions to the resulting HTML.  :)

(Also, looking only for #egg links will miss non-#egg links embedded
in the long_description, in the event that someone places direct
download links there.)