[Distutils] [Catalog-sig] Prototype setuptools-specific PyPI index.

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Jul 25 01:05:32 CEST 2007

At 06:30 PM 7/24/2007 -0400, Noah Gift wrote:
>Does this mean it is also easy to point to another local repository
>that is available via NFS?  I guess a local http mirror would work
>just as well, if you told the opener about it.

You don't even need to do that.  See the -i/--index-url option to
easy_install, for how to specify a specific package index URL to be
used in place of PyPI.

>This seems like a good way to instruct a sysadmin on how to setup a
>local customized infrastructure!

See also:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#creating-your-own-package-index

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#package-index-api