[Distutils] [Catalog-sig] We need to make a decision wrt distribution names

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Jul 25 04:19:03 CEST 2007

At 09:56 PM 7/24/2007 -0400, Stephen Waterbury wrote:
>I thought the point was to come up with a new distribution naming
>convention,

Nope, just clarify the rules for *distinguishing* projects by name --
a much less ambitious goal, since it's pretty easy to do with little
or no impact on existing projects.

A new naming convention isn't in scope, since it would require a
"boil the ocean" renaming effort to implement, assuming you could get
everyone to agree in the first place.