[Distutils] Namespace packages and egg-info confusion when using bdist_rpm

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Jul 26 20:01:00 CEST 2007

At 01:37 PM 7/26/2007 -0400, Stanley A. Klein wrote:
>I had the same error.  Should I have put in an "import enthought" in all
>the others?

No, apparently the manual import doesn't help.  Presumably the ones
you changed need something more like this:

import enthought; enthought.traits = sys.modules['enthought.traits']
import enthought.traits; enthought.traits.ui =
sys.modules['enthought.traits.ui']

I thought the import would be sufficient, but apparently it's not.  :(

Again, let me know if it works so I can change setuptools accordingly.