[Distutils] __init__.py getting left out of mpkg

jason pellerin jpellerin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 19:38:08 CET 2007

On 3/7/07, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:
> Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> > At 02:29 PM 3/6/2007 -0500, jason pellerin wrote:
> >> I've been meaning to ask about this same issue, specifically with
> >> respect to namespace packages, bdist_rpm and imp. I've had to patch
> >> the spec files for all namespace packages that we build as RPMs, since
> >> although the .pth file works when using import or __import__, imp
> >> doesn't seem to recognize it, and that breaks Paste's app loading.
> >
> > Then Paste's app loading is broken, and wouldn't work with an egg either,
> > if it's using "imp" and ignoring the package's __path__.
>
> I'm not sure which part of Paste is in question, but the only importing
> that I can think of which it does is with pkg_resources or with __import__.

I didn't save the output from trying to use the broken package load,
unfortunately. I'll try to recreate it if I can. I may easily be
putting the blame in the wrong place, though, since the failure was in
paste.modpython -- it could be mod_python that's using imp in some
egg-unfriendly way. If I can find some time today or in the next
couple of days I'll re-break a namespace package and post the output
from a failed load here.

JP