[Distutils] help please

Hui Zhang Hui.Zhang at ucd.ie
Wed Mar 28 14:46:08 CEST 2007

Dear Phillip,

  Hello. I am a phd student from Unviersity College Dublin,Ireland. I
have a problem when I tried to install python with setuptools egg files
in cygwin.
  I did as the webpage(http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/setuptools)
says. However the
system said:
  $sh setuptools-0.6c5-py2.4.egg
  [[: not found
  setuptools-0.6c5-py2.4egg is not the correct name for this egg file.
  Please rename it back to setuptools-0.6c5-py2.4 egg and try again.

  I also tried the other version which is setuptools-0.6c5-py2.4.egg
and it
didn't work either. Is this because I am using 'cygwin' not 'linux'?

  Thank you and any feedback will be much appreciated.
  Regards.

            Hui