[Distutils] help please

Hui Zhang Hui.Zhang at ucd.ie
Wed Mar 28 17:13:27 CEST 2007

Hey Matt,

  Thanks so much for your reply. It works now!
  I am stuck on another probelm now. I tried to install python-devel in
cygwin, but it seems that python-devel can not find where the python is
and claims that a python is needed.
  $ rpm -Uvh python-devel-2.3.4-1.m68kmint.rpm
  error: Failed dependencies:
          python = 2.3.4 is needed by python-devel-2.3.4-1
  But acutally python 2.3.4 has been automatically installed at the
same time when cygwin is installed.
  Have you met this problem before?
  I am looking forward to hearing from you. Many thanks again!!
  Regards.

          Hui