[Distutils] Reverse dependencies

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon May 14 12:58:58 CEST 2007

FWIW, I expect to have to implement this for buildout at some point.
I don't plan to do it until it becomes a priority. :)

WRT platform, I see this as an anti-solution.  Fortunately, it looks
like it has already been dismissed. :)  The reason I see this as an
anti-solution is that we already have a platform, namely Python 2.4,
that might be better treated as a dependency.  For example, there
isn't a way, AFAIK, to state Python version requirements for source
releases.  I think it might be cleaner if things like Python version
and maybe even size of unicode characters could be handled using the
dependency mechanism.

Jim