[Distutils] [Python-Dev] Adventures with x64, VS7 and VS8 on Windows

Alexey Borzenkov snaury at gmail.com
Wed May 23 22:36:21 CEST 2007

On 5/23/07, Kristján Valur Jónsson <kristjan at ccpgames.com> wrote:
> > > Install in the ProgramFiles folder.
> > Only over my dead body. *This* is silly.
> Bill doesn't think so.  And he gets to decide.  I mean we do want
> to play nice, don't we?  Nothing installs itself in the root anymore,
> not since windows 3.1

Maybe installing in the root is not good, but installing to "Program
Files" is just asking for trouble. All sorts of development tools
might suddenly break because of that space in the middle of the path
and requirement to use quotes around it. I thus usually install things
to <drive>:\Programs. I'm not sure if any packages/programs will break
because of that space, but what if some will?