[Distutils] zc.buildout: Build python in buildout

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Nov 29 16:47:28 CET 2007

On Nov 29, 2007, at 2:04 AM, Christian Zagrodnick wrote:

> On 2007-11-28 21:48:13 +0100, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> said:
>>
>> I suspect that a better solution would be to find a way to bootstrap
>> the buildout in a way that included building Python as part of the
>> bootstrapping process.
>
> That would certainly the best approach. Only that I have no idea how
> do that. :(

Write a variation on the standard bootstrap script that first builds
Python.  It could do so directly, or run run buildout to do it. Then,
after building Python, redo the bootstrap using this new Python. You
could do this by invoking the buildout with the new Python:

   path_to_new_python bin/buildout bootstrap

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation