[Distutils] zc.buildout: Build python in buildout

Thomas Lotze thomas at thomas-lotze.de
Fri Nov 30 15:50:59 CET 2007

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Possibly.  So if a buildout python option points to a part (a section with
> a recipe), then it might re-write its script and restart itself if it
> isn't already running the Python defined by that part.

No, I don't mean for buildout to rewrite its own script. I mean that the
unchanged buildout script should call

   path_to_new_python bin/buildout $options

Running the buildout script should always invoke the Python used for
bootstrapping. Otherwise I fear it's possible to screw up the whole
buildout by misconfiguring the Python part.

--
Thomas