[Distutils] Incompatibility issue with setuptools 0.6c7-py2.4 and workingenv-0.6.5-py2.4

Lauri Hallila laurihallila at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 09:01:03 CEST 2007

Hello!

I noticed a small problem in setuptools... workingenv (version 0.6.5-py2.4),
in some instances, adds a comment-line "# Duplicating setuptools' site.py..."
into the beginning of site.py (workingenv.py, line 1214). Problem is that
easy_install.py checks if the existing file site.py starts with "def
__boot():", and if it doesn't, it raises an error.

I fixed the problem in my own environment by skipping empty and
comment-lines in easy_install.py (fixed file attached).

I just thought to inform you of the problem... feel free to take my fix into
setuptools if you like my way to fix the problem.

Best regards,
Lauri Hallila