[Distutils] Enabling local distutils.cfg usage

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Oct 8 23:15:17 CEST 2007

Tres Seaver wrote:
> When building a virtual environment, I'd like to be able to store
> global distutils configuration options which are custom to that
> environment.  However, both setuptools and distutils expect to
> read / write that file relative to the directory of
> 'distutils.__file__', which is located in the *source*
> environment under virtualenv 0.8.4::

This should be working in virtualenv trunk; I had to switch up the way
sys.path was constructed some, because the way it was the system path
came before the virtualenv path, so a virtual distutils wouldn't be seen.

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org
             : Write code, do good : http://topp.openplans.org/careers