[Distutils] zc.buildout installing parts not asked for

TIm Terlegård tim.terlegard at valentinewebsystems.se
Thu Oct 25 18:13:13 CEST 2007

When using zc.buildout I discovered that it installed a part that I
specify in the 'parts' option. This happened because I referenced this
part somewhere else. Is this how it's supposed to be? I would prefer
if it
only installs the parts I specify in parts. I don't see anything
wrong with
reusing options from a part that I don't necessarily want to install.

This is a buildout.cfg that will reproduce it. The 'notusedinparts'
part is
installed even if not specified in 'parts'. It's installed because of
'dummy' option in the 'tok' section. Is this how it was meant to be?

develop = recipes
parts = tok

recipe = recipes:debug
dummy = ${notusedinparts:someoption}