[Distutils] Project tests and zc.buildout (was: Ignoring site-packages when running zc.buildout tests)

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Wed Oct 31 00:16:17 CET 2007

Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> writes:

> On Oct 30, 2007, at 6:52 PM, Ross Patterson wrote:
>
>> Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> writes:

>>> Probably. Note that the zc.buildout tests only work when run from a
>>> zc.buildout checkout.  I need to fix this.
>>
>> FWIW, this is how I was running them and my system installed packages
>> were still causing test failures, unless I'm misunderstanding things.
>
> Sorry, I should have used 2 paragraphs.  I was simply pointing out
> some issues with the tests, independent of the specific issue you
> raised.

Actually, that raises another questions I've been wanting to ask.  Is
there a good story for using a project buildout for running tests while
still supporting "python setup.py test" for the same project?  Is there
documentation or a good example of this somewhere?

On a somewhat related note, is there a paster script that does initial
testing buildout layout for a new project?  How about initial tests
layout for a new project?

Ross