[Distutils] virtual-python.py, sys.prefix, and Mac

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sat Sep 15 19:30:34 CEST 2007

FWIW, the same thing seems to happen for me on Tiger using the
original virtual-python.py against the Apple-compiled Python that
ships with it:

[chrism at kingfish macsandbox]$ /usr/bin/python ~/bin/virtual-python.py
--prefix=.Creating ./lib/python2.3
Creating ./lib/python2.3/site-packages
Creating ./include/python2.3
Creating ./bin
Copying /usr/bin/python to ./bin
You're now ready to download ez_setup.py, and run
./bin/python ez_setup.py
[chrism at kingfish macsandbox]$ ls
bin  include  lib
[chrism at kingfish macsandbox]$ bin/python
Python 2.3.5 (#1, Jan 13 2006, 20:13:11)
 >>> import sys
 >>> sys.prefix
'/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3'

- C