[Distutils] how to easily consume just the parts of eggs that are good for you

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Apr 12 04:31:06 CEST 2008

John J Lee wrote:
>> I keep hoping that someday Linux will support something
>> like MacOSX application bundles and frameworks,
>
> Not the same, but "something like":
>
> http://0install.net/

That looks interesting, but I'm not sure I'd quite
call it "something like". It looks like another case
of adding more complexity to fight existing complexity,
rather than removing the original complexity.

In other words, it seems to be just another package
manager, albeit a particulary nice-sounding one.

--
Greg