[Distutils] virtual env with exec prefix

Hans Meine meine at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Apr 14 19:34:50 CEST 2008

Am Montag, 14. April 2008 18:32:39 schrieb Hans Meine:
> >   error: invalid Python installation: unable to
> > open /software/python-2.4.4/lib/python2.4/config/Makefile (No such file
> > or directory)

I have found and fixed this bug; it's because virtualenv overwrites
distutils.sysconfig.get_python_lib and does not respect the 'plat_specific'
parameter properly.  I have modified virtualenv by adding
sys.real_exec_prefix along sys.real_prefix and letting orig-prefix.txt be a
file with two lines.  Now, I can use virtualenv here, too. :-)

@distutils-sig: Sorry for the noise, it turned out to be virtualenv's fault.

--
Ciao, /  /
     /--/