[Distutils] unit testing and stub c shared libraries

Johannes Wienke languitar at semipol.de
Sun Apr 20 00:18:35 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm currently struggling to find a good way for running unit tests in my
project. Adding a custom Command to my setup.py for running the tests
wouldn't be a big problem but the unit tests need a few additional
shared libraries. These libraries are simple stub files used for testing
the plugin loader I'm developing. So is there a way to tell distutils to
build those shared libraries only if want to run the unit tests?
Otherwise those libs should be ignored because I don't want them to be
installed generally.

Thanks for the help
Johannes