[Distutils] [buildout] where does the demo egg come from in tests?

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Thu Aug 7 20:59:43 CEST 2008

Chris Withers, on 2008-08-06:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm reading http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.recipe.egg#script-generation
> with a hope to finding out how to write an egg such that I can have mroe
> own scripts generated and called.
>
> I think having a read of the demo egg used in these tests would solve my
> problems, but where does it live?

If I have followed the code trail correctly:

- zc/recipe/egg/tests.py has a setUp(test) function.

- This calls 'zc.buildout.tests.easy_install_SetUp(test)'.

- That function calls create_sample_eggs from that same tests.py file
  in zc.buildout.

- And that method creates some eggs on the fly.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/