[Distutils] setuptools tracker "needpatch" keyword, tests, etc.

Chris Galvan cgalvan at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 8 17:32:56 CEST 2008

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Hello all.  I had some spare time the other day and went through the
> tracker, reclassifying a few things and marking some with a
> "needpatch" keyword.  The ones marked "needpatch" vary from things I
> have no idea what to do with, to ones where I've practically spelled
> out the needed patch in the tracker.
>
> Issues with patches that passed my initial review have been marked
> "in-progress"; these could use some testing before check-in.  At this
> point, I haven't had an opportunity to review the results of the test
> sprint that was done; if somebody could throw that up as a patch on
> the tracker, or at least repost a link to where I can find that stuff,
> that would help.
The work done on the test sprint is hosted in this bzr branch.  We
wanted to get your feedback on what had been done so far to make sure we
were heading in the right direction.

https://code.launchpad.net/~setuptools/setuptools-test/main

> All of this is with an eye to releasing an 0.6 final in the near
> future; sometime this month I'd guess/hope, depending on how my other
> projects are going.
That would be awesome.  To reach this goal, it would really help to get
more tests written so that patches can be tested quicker and with more
certainty that they haven't broken anything.

-- Chris Galvan