[Distutils] specify available build commands

chris cdcasey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 17:38:26 CEST 2008

>> Specifically, I want to be able to add a configuration and build some
>> classes only if one of these commands is specified.
>
> what are you trying to do precisely ?

In a setup.py, there's a method that builds some classes and puts them
in a zip file. Then there's a line

config.add_data_files(this_method)

The method doesn't need to be called when only a source distribution
is being created. I was hoping there might be a way to switch this
config line off if there's no need for it, or maybe only switch it on
when it is needed (something beyond using sys.argv).