[Distutils] [buildout] improving zc.recipe.egg's README.txt

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Aug 13 11:22:58 CEST 2008

Hi All,

What I'd like to do at the start of the "Script generation" section was
cat the setup.py of the demo egg to show the entry point where the demo
eggs defines its script.

However, given that the demo egg is a binary egg, I can't decide what
the best way to do this is. I'd thought of using the zipfile module to
reach inside the egg, but I'm confused as to why -py2.3.egg files are
specified in the test and work even though I'm running with python 2.4
and there's no python 2.3 in sight?

Any ideas welcome...

cheers,

Chris