[Distutils] Is it possible to stop easy_install from checking pypi

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Aug 13 17:31:04 CEST 2008

At 03:39 PM 8/13/2008 +0200, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Fadhley Salim
><<mailto:fadhley.salim at uk.calyon.com>fadhley.salim at uk.calyon.com> wrote:
>If the packages cannot be found in the URLs that I specify in find-links
>easy_install always checks pypi.
>
>Is there some way to prevent this? I'd like to ensure that pypi is never
>checked.
>

>Hello
>
>You can use the --allow-hosts option to filter out authorized sites
>
>see :
>
><http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#restricting-downloads-with-allow-hosts>http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#restricting-downloads-with-allow-hosts
>
>Although, I think you might encouter a bug with links starting with file://

The next setuptools release will fix that bug.  But really, there's
very little reason to use file:// links, anyway.  The only thing they
do differently from plain paths is that if you use a file:// url to
point to an HTML file, easy_install will scan it for links.  (It
doesn't do that for regular filenames.)  So, unless you are using
HTML files for your local index, there's no need to use file:// urls
with --find-links.