[Distutils] problem reinstalling easy_install

dunia duna.swlp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 17:43:53 CET 2008

Hi

I installed setuptools following the instructions at
http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall...but then i
realized that this package was in my repo (i'm using Debian sid). I
tried to undo my previous installation by removing from /usr/bin and
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages all setuptools packages/files, and
installed python-setuptools from the repository without inconvenients.
Now, when i try to use it, i get the following error:

# easy_install -v ZopeSkel
error: /tmp/easy_install-8zRT0t: Too many links

Please, i'm stuck here, any hints will be much appreciated.

PS: sorry for my english  :(