[Distutils] problem reinstalling easy_install

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Dec 2 20:36:38 CET 2008

Maybe somebody else on the distutils-sig has some idea, then.  I'm
lost.  If I had to guess though, I'd check and see if maybe your /tmp
directory has too many files or directories in it -- i.e., it seems
like perhaps easy_install is trying to create a temporary directory,
and failing before it can do anything else.  (Creating a temporary
directory would be one of the very first things it does.)