[Distutils] setuptools - what if a library is required but is in the standard lib?

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Thu Feb 7 23:21:32 CET 2008

On Feb 7, 2008, at 11:38 AM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> Only if someone messed with Python's default build structure.  The
> Python stdlib should contain an .egg-info file marking the presence
> of wsgiref 0.1.2.  Some Linux distributions may remove this file due
> to a misunderstanding of its nature/purpose.

Fedora 9, due to be released April, 2008, marks the first release of
Fedora which no longer deletes or otherwise messes up the .egg-info
files.  Ubuntu Hardy LTS 8.04 -- also due April 2008 -- will
handle .egg-info files nicely.  I think Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10 --
released October 2007 -- or even Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 -- released April
2007 -- may also have handled .egg-info files correctly, I'm not
entirely sure.

Regards,

Zooko