[Distutils] alternatives to zc.buildout?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 15:12:23 CET 2008

Hi All,

What are the alternatives to zc.buildout?

I'm wondering before I plough into zc.buildout because I'm guessing
other big projects have run into the problem of pinning certain versions
of eggs, building "instance homes" for projects, using a mixture of
"public" eggs and those that are private and for a specific project, etc
and otherwise working round limitations in setuptools...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk