[Distutils] Bug in setuptools/command/sdist.py: global name 'log' is not defined

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Feb 15 23:20:52 CET 2008

At 03:58 PM 2/15/2008 -0500, David Wolever wrote:
>On 15-Feb-08, at 3:47 PM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> > At 10:35 AM 2/13/2008 -0500, David Wolever wrote:
> >> It looks like the version of my .svn/entries file is newer (head -
> >> n1 .svn/entries: 9).
> > Hm.  Does it detect the correct files, if you change the
> > 'data.startswith("8")' to 'data.startswith("9")'?
>If I change the 9 to an 8 in trunk/.svn/entries, seems to get the
>revision number on the egg correct.

I'm asking if changing the code in setuptools causes it to detect the
correct files for inclusion in the .egg-info's SOURCES.txt.  The
revision number has nothing to do with the error you were getting,
and is read using entirely different code.

To be sure of getting the right info, delete the SOURCES.txt, then
run "setup.py egg_info" and see if the regenerated SOURCES.txt lists
all (and only) files that are under revision control in your project.